New Employment Opportunities (1.20.2015)
8th Grade Parent Meeting (Tuesday, January 27th)
When: Tuesday, January 27th
Where: Middle School Cafeteria
Attachments: More Information
There will be a scheduling meeting for 8th graders and their parents on January 27th beginning at 7:30pm in the cafeteria. Information about scheduling for classes next year and graduation requirements will be discussed. Please see the attachment listed above for more information.
Fairview High School Alumni Survey (Survey Closes: Feb 1st 2015)
Fairview High School would like feedback from recent alumni. Please click on the link HERE to take a brief survey about your high school experience. Your responses will help us better plan educational opportunities for current and future students.
Basketball Pre-Game Meals (January - February 2015)
Attachments: Pre-Game Meals Flyer
Please see the attachment above for pre-game meals for the basketball season.
Bob Alvarez Run For Your Health Prediction Run (Saturday, March 28th 2015)
You Can Order Yearbooks Now! (Due Date: Monday, March 30th 2015)
Fairview High School Student Council Amazon Fund Raiser
We are excited to announce a new fund raiser for Fairview High School! There are no products to sell, volunteers to organize, or money to collect. This fundraiser is an internet based program with Amazon.com. We will make 5-7% commission on purchases people make when shopping on Amazon’s website when they use the special link created for us. There is no additional cost to shopping on Amazon through our special link and using this link when shopping Amazon is all that is required to earn the commission. Please share this information with your family and friends and visit our website (or bookmark the link) when you shop at Amazon!
Here is our Amazon fundraiser link: http://amzn.to/1DI0Kwm
Instant Alert System
Fairview Schools Fund
The Fairview Schools Fund was established in 2013 by community members. The purpose of the Fund is to further enhance the quality of education of the Central Local Schools. Please click on the following link HERE to learn more about how you can contribute to this fund.
Central Local Schools Won An Innovative Straight A Grant
Central Local Schools in a consortium effort with 15 districts in Fulton, Defiance, Henry, Paulding, and Williams County won an innovative Straight A Grant in the amount of $3,402,120. This grant funding will be used to expand virtual and blending learning opportunities for students within the consortium districts.
How to Purchase a Friend of Family Ad in the Sports Program
Please see the attachment HERE for information on how to purchase a friend of family ad in the sports program.
2013-2014 District Report Card Information
- Indicators Met: Achieved 24 out of 24 indicators = A Rating
- Performance Index: 104.8 out of 120 = B Rating
- Gap Closing: = B Rating (subgroup performance compared to all)
- Overall Progress: = A Rating (value added)
- Four Year Graduation Rate: 97.8% = A Rating
- Highest in Defiance County in Progress, in the areas of Gifted Students and in the area of Lowest 20% Students.
- Tied for Highest in Defiance County in Overall Progress and in the area of Students with Disabilities
- Tied for Highest in Defiance County in Gap Closing
Central Local Schools, in partnership with the community, will provide an appropriate environment for each student to realize his/her fullest potential as a life-long learner in a global society.
To Build on our tradition of Excellence together, through Exceptional Academic Opportunities, Staff, and Facilities.
Governing Belief Statements
- Students are our focus.
- The Board and Administration will work as a team with honesty and integrity.
- We will employ a staff that is both dedicated and an inspiration to our students.
- High expectations are prerequisite to high achievement.
- Success of our district as a whole is the ultimate reflection of the community in which we serve.
- The expectation is that we are a customer relations organization and responsive to all our stakeholders.
- We will operate efficiently and effectively to remain accountable to our taxpayers.
- Even as a successful organization we believe there is always room for improvement.
- The Board of Education will establish and continually monitor goals and strategies.
The Central Local School District has three schools, Fairview High School, Fairview Middle School, and Fairview Elementary School. The district is located in Defiance County in NW Ohio, 8 miles south of Bryan and about 12 miles west of Defiance.