Rendering of Proposed Building Project
Fairview Elementary School Online Book Fair (Starts: February 8th 2016)
Please support our Elementary school by shopping at our Online Book Fair. Online shopping will be available starting Monday, February 8th 2016 through Tuesday, February 19th, 2016.
Bob Alvarez Run For Your Health Prediction 5K, One Mile Ticker Trot & 800 Meter Kids Run (Saturday, April 2nd 2016)
The Bob Alvarez Run For Your Health Prediction 5K, One Mile Ticker Trot & 800 Meter Kids Run will be held on Saturday, April 2nd. It will be held at Fairview Elementary. All profits from the race benefit the Fairview Elementary Running Club and the D.A.R.E. program. For more race information or information on how to be a sponsor, please see the entry form.
Visit the online store here
First, search our school, Fairview.
Second, select Sherwood
Then, follow instructions based upon your selection
Movie: Somewhere Around Eternity
This film was produced as an educational aid and is free to all educators who want to show students the harmful side effects of sexting. The film "Somewhere Around Eternity" was created by Fairview English teacher Eric Drummelsmith and stars Fairview High School students, staff members, and parents. It was filmed at Fairview High School and at several places in Sherwood, Ohio and other surrounding area locations in Northwest Ohio.
Submit Photos for 2015-2016 Yearbook
You can now submit photos for consideration into the 2015-2016 yearbook. To do so please visit our Community Upload Site. Please send the names of the student's pictured in your uploads, thank you!
MealsPlus Online Payment Center Now Available
Fairview Schools Fund
The Fairview Schools Fund was established in 2013 by community members. The purpose of the Fund is to further enhance the quality of education of the Central Local Schools. Please click on the following link HERE to learn more about how you can contribute to this fund.
2013-2014 District Report Card Information
- Indicators Met: Achieved 24 out of 24 indicators = A Rating
- Performance Index: 104.8 out of 120 = B Rating
- Gap Closing: = B Rating (subgroup performance compared to all)
- Overall Progress: = A Rating (value added)
- Four Year Graduation Rate: 97.8% = A Rating
- Highest in Defiance County in Progress, in the areas of Gifted Students and in the area of Lowest 20% Students.
- Tied for Highest in Defiance County in Overall Progress and in the area of Students with Disabilities
- Tied for Highest in Defiance County in Gap Closing
Central Local Schools, in partnership with the community, will provide an appropriate environment for each student to realize his/her fullest potential as a life-long learner in a global society.
To Build on our tradition of Excellence together, through Exceptional Academic Opportunities, Staff, and Facilities.
Governing Belief Statements
- Students are our focus.
- The Board and Administration will work as a team with honesty and integrity.
- We will employ a staff that is both dedicated and an inspiration to our students.
- High expectations are prerequisite to high achievement.
- Success of our district as a whole is the ultimate reflection of the community in which we serve.
- The expectation is that we are a customer relations organization and responsive to all our stakeholders.
- We will operate efficiently and effectively to remain accountable to our taxpayers.
- Even as a successful organization we believe there is always room for improvement.
- The Board of Education will establish and continually monitor goals and strategies.
The Central Local School District has three schools, Fairview High School, Fairview Middle School, and Fairview Elementary School. The district is located in Defiance County in NW Ohio, 8 miles south of Bryan and about 12 miles west of Defiance.