Welcome to Central Local School's scholarship and awards page
1. Our Scholarships now allow you to save your current work and continue the form later! Click here to see the instructions on how to save and continue a scholarship.
2. Keep a list of the scholarships you have completed. There is no way for you to go back and check.
3. Fill in ALL of the blanks. The selection committees will be given a blank copy of the form so they will know if you skipped something.
4. We have also implemented spam protection at the end of each form. When you see the message "Type the letters you see in the image below" just type in the letters that you see, if you get it wrong it keeps all of the form data intact and lets you keep trying to get it right.
|Scholarship||Submit By||Requirements||Quantity||Dollar Amount||Description|
|Don and Bernice Bayliss Memorial Scholarship||10AM, Friday, March 10th||
Must be planning to major in education
Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
Participation in at least 2 extra-curricular activities in high school
Must attend a four year university or college
Must live in the Central Local School District
|Fairview Football Scholarship||10AM, Friday, March 10th||
A senior varsity football player graduating from Fairview High School continuing on as a full-time first year student at an accredited university or college pursuing a degree, certification or license.
The criteria used for evaluation are: essay, work experience, extra curricular activities, community service, GPA, class ranking and letters of reference.
|up to 3||$500||This fund was established by Fairview Alumni who realized the importance of higher education. This non-renewable scholarship will be awarded annually for a senior varsity football player that is going on to college. The amount will be determined annually based on the fund balance and investment return. The scholarship will be payable directly to the college or university of the student’s choice.|
|Class of 1959 Scholarship||10AM, Friday, March 10th||Open to all Seniors||1||$500.00||The alumni of the class of 1959 will award a scholarship to a graduating senior of Fairview High School.|
|Arts Festival Scholarship||10AM, Friday, March 10th||
Participation in Arts' Festival
Pursue a career in an arts/technology area
|2||$250.00||There are two one-time only, non-renewable scholarships which will be given by the Arts Festival Committee of Central Local Schools awarded to two graduating seniors of Fairview High School. Recipients will be announced at the High School Awards Ceremony in the spring. Any graduating senior of Fairview High School may apply.|
|Class of 1961 Scholarship||10 AM, Friday, March 10th||
Fairview HS senior pursuing full-time college enrollment
|1||$600.00||The alumni of the class of 1961 will award a scholarship in 2017 to a graduating senior.|
|Fairview Athletic Boosters||10AM, Friday, March 10th||
Current year athlete at Fairview High School
At least one parent must be an active lifetime booster member.
Must be furthering your education in any field of endeavor, whether it be a 2 or 4 year college
|4||$500.00||The Fairview Athletic Booster organization annually awards scholarships for deserving Senior Athletes whose parent(s) are Lifetime Booster Members or who have held a Family Membership for three consecutive years. Each year a minimum of four $500 scholarships will likely be given; although, the determination of the number and amount of the scholarship(s) will be at the discretion of the Athletic Booster Executive Board. The scholarship(s) will be awarded by the Fairview Athletic Boosters Executive Committee which consists of the current officers. The scholarship(s) may be used for any college the athlete(s) choose(s) and will be given to the recipient(s) upon the completion of the first full session of classes.|
|Fairview Schools Fund||10AM, Friday, March 10th||
Fairview HS senior pursuing full-time college enrollment
|2||$1,000.00||The Fairview Schools Fund offers at least one scholarship each year to a graduate of Fairview High School. The amount of the scholarship will be $1,000. Depending on the financial status of the fund, more than one scholarship may be awarded. This year there will be at least two scholarships available.|
|Friends of the Library Scholarship||10AM, Friday, March 10th||
Involvement in community or school activities
Volunteer work in school or public library preferred
Must pursue a 2 or 4 year degree
|1||$500.00||This award will be in the amount of $500 paid by the Sherwood Branch of the Friends of the Library upon completion of the first semester/quarter at a college/technical school. The scholarship can be used toward a two- or four-year degree program and selection will be made by the Scholarship Committee of the Friends of the Library, Sherwood Branch.|
|H. Gene Bok Scholarship||10AM, Friday, March 10th||
Must be a Senior
Must be pursing a college degree
|John L. Fahy VFW Scholarship||10AM, Friday, March 10th||
Applicant must be a son, daughter, grandchild, or stepchild of a legal guardian who is a member of an Ohio V.F.W. Post.
Student must be enrolled in or planning to enroll in, a program at an institution such as a four year college or university, a two year college, or other institution of higher learning.
Applicant must be a senior at Fairview High School or a senior from the Central Local School District attending the Four County Career Center.
|1||$500.00||This is a scholastic scholarship in the amount of $500.00 per year, renewable each year of the student’s enrollment in a 2 or 4 year program.|
|Sherwood Area Professional Women||10AM, Friday, March 10th||
Open to all senior girls
|Sherwood Super Center Academic Scholarship||10AM, Friday, March 10th||
Pursure a 2 or 4 year degree in a business related field
This award will be in the amount of $500 restricted to tuition expenses, paid to student and college.
This is a one time scholarship to be used towards a 2 or 4 year degree in the related field of business.
|TACLS||10AM, Friday, March 10th||Open to all seniors||2||$500.00|
All scholarships and awards that are received in the Guidance office are e-mailed to students who are eligible to apply. Please check your @centrallocal.org e-mail regularly to stay updated on scholarship and award opportunities. Below is a general list of local/regional scholarships that are often made available to graduating seniors.
- AAA Northwest Ohio School Safety Patrol Scholarship
- Bryan Area Foundation: Bryan Area Business Women Scholarship
- Buick Achievers Scholarship Program
- Community Memorial Hospital Healthcare Scholarship Program
- Darwin Hemenway Scholarship
- Defiance County Farm Bureau Scholarship
- Defiance Zonta Club Young Women in Public Affairs Award
- Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship
- Farm Credit Mid-America Scholarship
- FFA/Ag Related Scholarships (Not just for FFA Members)
- Franklin B. Walter Scholarship Award
- Helen Thornburg 2017 scholarship
- Knight Essay Contest
- Ladies Auxiliary Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3360 Scholarship
- Northwest Region Ohio School Boards Association Book Grant Application
- Moser Nursing Scholarship
- Ohio Association of Career Colleges and Schools
- Ohio Credit Union Foundation Scholarship
- Ohio Newspapers Foundation Minority Journalism Scholarship
- Ohio Oil & Gas Energy Education Program
- Ohio Rural Electric / North Western Electric Cooperative Scholarship
- Ohio Society Daughters of the American Revolution Wings of Eagles Scholarships
- Ohio State University Northwest Ohio Alumni Club Scholarship
- Rove Pest Control Scholarship
- Toledo Community Foundation Scholarships
- VFW Scout of the Year Scholarship
- William D. Squires Scholarship
New for 2016-17
Grades 9th - 12th.
“Scholarships Made Easy!”
In the United States Every 26 seconds a High School student makes the decision to drop out of school. something must be done to change this statistic. We are fighting literacy, and transforming lives through giving students the opportunity to continue their post-secondary education. New Harvest Mission 153 is an organization that helps widow’s, orphans, homeless and broken and abused women reestablish their lives. We also provide events and programs, for children with Autism, and other disabilities. We are here to help provide a better future for many through are unique Scholarship Opportunities. Our goal for the 2016 – 2017 school year is to help 100,000 High school, and College students become better financially prepared to continue their education experience through receiving one of our New Harvest Mission 153 Scholarships of $300 - $25,000 dollars. Please do not delay. “The WINTER Registration Deadline is coming soon”. Requirements are below and each student can register online. Please print this out and have each student visit our website atwww.newharvestmission153.com to get registered today!
“Let’s make a Difference”
No Registration Fee